Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A beginning, a blossoming...


I am a Green Makeup Artist, living and working out of Los Angeles and wherever the wind takes me. I want to expand HEALING beauty, environmental consciousness and evolution of what it means to indulge, to play, to be present with yourself and humanity, to embrace your own radiance, to laugh, dance, discover and glow from the inside out. I have begun my mission.

In this space, I want to share with you my journey as it unfolds. When I discover a gorgeous new shade of lipstick that is as safe as your morning smoothie, I'll post it here. When I learn about environmental or social issues I knew little about (or those I do), I'll share articles or my findings here. When I come across like minds on their own inspiring adventures, I'll introduce you. A good book, a quote that resonates, a recipe that evokes drool, a website worth browsing, a beautiful hiking spot or a new favorite restaurant... I want to share with you the things that bring me back to me, that remind me of my place on this planet, that awaken my determination to do more, to be more, to expect more, to live fully.

It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know of wonder and humility. - Rachel Carson

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your blog and learning from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking this on! I'm in the market for a new concealer and I'd love to have your input... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always happy to make recommendations. My favorite concealer is by RMS Beauty (http://rmsbeauty.com, see also http://beautytruth.com for some interesting info.) It's a pot concealer, so on the thick and creamy side. It's great for covering spots and under-eye circles.
    Another good one is by 100% Pure (www.100percentpure.com). I love this company. They offer
    100% Natural concealers made with caffeine rich green tea, coffee and concentrated with potent anti-aging vitamins, antioxidants and nourishing rosehip oil. Made with pigments from fruits and vegetables. Does not contain synthetic chemicals, artificial fragrances or any other toxins.
    This formulation comes in a tube with a wand, a lighter, more sheer application that is nice for reducing redness and discoloration and covering shadows.

    ReplyDelete