Monday, April 12, 2010

In awe...




I am the first to admit that it took me a loooooong time to catch onto fashion; to care in any real way about it, despite my involvement in the industry - or perhaps because of it. I am not particularly excited by clothing, shoes, bags and so on and only recently have I begun to embrace this kind of design as an art form and to celebrate the ability to express yourself through your wardrobe. Somehow I stumbled upon this fascinating piece and it left me hungry. Is this where fashion is going? If so, I am wholeheartedly going to jump on board! Revelations towards revolutions...

Lux

Mae Yokoyama had a desire to turn “energy into beauty” She does that flawlessly here, bringing technology into the world of haute couture. One standout piece in her production is a collar made of solar panels, accumulating energy during daytime and illuminating as the sun goes down. In the dark, a string of pearls is illuminated, turning the functional look of the solar panels into a subtle and fashionable necklace.

mae.yokoyama@konstfack.info
Press images:
123 When publishing, state the following:
Student, work title and photographer.
Photographer: 1 and 2 Andreas Nyquist, 3 Mae Yokoyama

No comments:

Post a Comment